Feedback Thoughts


My Thoughts About Feedback
Feedback is a continuous loop
Web Source: Market Culture

Article #1: A Simple 5-Second Habit to Rewire Your Harshly Self-Critical Brain by Joel Almeida
When reading this article, I completely empathized with what was being said in reference to stress and how it affects the body. When I am stressed, I feel my body completely shut down. I noticed that overall I am more sluggish and less motivated. My bed definitely becomes my comfort zone. I love how this article addresses the misconceptions of our brain and how people believe that the brain stops developing, however, this article explains that it does not. This article explains how instead of dwelling in a failure or setback, we should view it as a blimp. I think this is so important because it helps to teach us that this negative moment is temporary and we will move on.
Web Source: Tiny Budda

Article #2: Why It's So Hard to Hear Negative Feedback by Tim Herrera
This next article I chose to read was regarding why it is so hard to hear negative feedback and I was so drawn to this article because of past experiences. This article put a refreshing spin on negative feedback because typically people blame it on their anxiety, but this article explains that the real reason we are hesitant in accepting negative feedback is because we are reluctant and bad at giving feedback to people. This honestly makes sense because how can we be able to accept feedback if we cannot effectively give feedback.
Web Source: NY Times

Honestly, I welcome feedback because without it, I will not be able to grow as a person and learn from my mistakes. Feedback in any form whether it is work, fitness, or even how I interact with a specific person is all useful. We are very used to how we do things, so the only way to really grow is to have an outsider give us constructive feedback. When you have a person on the outside looking in, they can pick up on things that you are accustomed to. For example, in the military, we do peer feedback almost every 6 months and my peer recently told me that when I give speeches, I tend to nod my head at random times. If someone had never brought this to my attention, I honestly would have never known I do this. I am a huge fan of feedback and hope that more people can become receptive to it.

Comments

Popular Posts